10 February 2016

RWANDA - Espoir sign Buzangu as Patriots land Burundian

photo
Jean de Dieu Ntagunduka, seen here before the league game against Espoir on Saturday, which Patriots won 64-55. (Courtesy)
Four-time reigning league and playoffs champions, Espoir Basketball Club signed point guard Patrick Buzangu from rivals Cercle Sportif de Kigali (CSK) on a one-year contract until the end of the 2016 season.
The 30-year-old moves from SCK where he has been for the past two seasons.
“I am an Espoir player, I signed for one year initially, and I look forward to winning big things with my new team, it’s a new challenge for me, which I cherish because Espoir is the best club in the country,” Buzangu told Times Sport.
Clarifying the reason behind his move from CSK to Espoir, he noted that, “I am leaving CSK because I needed to win the league title and I think Espoir can offer me that chance.”
The DR Congo-born star has been brought in as a replacement for former club captain Aristide Mugabe, who crossed to Patriots Basketball Club this season.
Meanwhile, Patriots have also completed the signing of Burundian Jean de Dieu ‘Yao’ Ntagunduka from Burundian champions, Urunani.
The 25-year-old won two consecutive Burundian league titles with Urunani, in 2014 and 2015 as well as the Zone V Club Championship in 2013 after they beat Espoir in the final.
editorial@newtimes.co.rw

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?